Acne breakouts can inevitably last longer than a romantic relationship. Holds true. But what is more alarming is when you get the nonsense privileged to be judged and subjected to evil-thought jokes that humiliate and damage your self-worth for having skin impurities.
May it be from bacteria, hormonal changes, heredity, cosmetics with greasy consistency, medication to certain illness — pimples or acnes start when an oily substance called sebum clogs the pores. They appear on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Although such problem may not be a serious health risk, scars often bring frustration especially when it cannot be concealed anymore. At such, prevention is better than cure notion can be applied. This then compelled me to write my top five ways on how I free myself from pimples. Let’s begin, shall we?
1. NEVER TOUCH YOUR FACE WITH YOUR DIRTY HANDS. This is the rule of thumb. Don’t complain that you get multiple pimples every day when you touch your face like a gaming tablet. Remember that you are not just transferring germs but you are also irritating the area that needs healing. Thereby, you have to wash your hands or apply alcohol if something bitches you out. You must use facial tissues to gently wipe the oil on your face. I don’t recommend handkerchief since you are putting back the oil and dirt; it’s not cool to recycle bacteria. Try this for a week or two and you would notice the difference!
2. GET A COMPLETE REST AND PROPER DIET. Of course, nobody loves sleep deprivation. When we consider sleep a maintenance time, it not only brings good mood and more productivity, it also conditions the pores to make the skin look younger and healthier. When you stay late, obviously your skin will secrete more sebum which causes pimples. In addition, try to monitor your diet. Sometimes the blame can be on the food with high-sugar or high-fat diet that promotes sebum production. Disclaimer, this can be empirical depending on how your body reacts. Anyhow, if you can’t find the culprit, better yet just eat more vegetables and fruits.
3. HAVE A HYGIENE RITUAL. Never sleep with make-up unless it’s your dream to be the next slut named Sleeping Beauty. Cleanse your face at least twice a day, more than this can cause skin irritation and reverse effect. If you over-wash and over-scrub for the love of cleanliness, basic oils are reduced so the skin will oversupply oils. Another cause of breakout, certainly.
4. USE A TONER. Applying a small amount of toner to a cotton ball and gently blotting or wiping your face with it gives the appearance of smaller pores. It also restores our skin pH balance quickly, helps bind moistures and prevent ingrown hairs. However finding a product that works on you can be challenging. Just a piece of advice, if it irritates you for a day or two, discontinue it.
5. ALWAYS USE A SEPARATE TOWEL AND CLEAN PILLOW CASE. If you are a kind of person who uses the same towel for your body and face, it’s about time. When you use your towel to dry out your body and hair, the remaining substances from the conditioner and shampoo are transferred to the towel and to your face as well. Thus, this doesn’t help since some of the contents of hair care products have oils and substances that clog the pores. Making sure that your pillowcase is always clean also counts. The sweat we produce when we sleep stays on our pillowcase, so if you don’t change it once or twice a week surely you are inviting acne formation.
Having these things said, I hope you realized that at the end of the day, it’s much easier to treat skin impurities over one’s prejudices. Being flawless doesn’t give us the right to put down other people. May this be a reminder that our goal as a human being is to uplift one another. After all, love for beauty is meaningless without love for humanity.